Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Animals of North America Cards

These cards are what I will use along side The Animal Continent Box that I am putting together from the animal replicas at Safari ltd.  A few of the animals cannot be found through them (like the mountain goat), but I want them so much that I will get them from somewhere else.

These could be used as matching cards by printing two sets.

This set of cards is useful to both non-readers and readers alike.  The non-readers will be able to match the replica not only with the continent, but also with the picture of the animal.  I am sure that this will make it a more interesting exercise.

This set of cards has 35 choices for animals.  I have done this so that anyone using these cards could find enough animal replicas to go with them.
Animals of North America
click on picture to link to fileTHIS FILE IS BIG AND NO PREVIEW WILL SHOW
When my version of The Animal Continent Box is completed I will post everything here.

Just a Note:
I am also in charge of a bear den here for cub scouts, and they LOVED these cards.  I used them as a matching game (printed two sets), and then after we were finished playing, had them choose one of the animals to do a poster about.  I was told last week that I am officially the COOLEST LEADER EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Look at your spiny tailed iguana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry! I thought I had already fixed this file. I agree that that spiny tailed iguana was VERY spiny. Now it the porcupine has the correct name as well as opossum only has one p.

      Delete